Axe & Sledge Athletes, Dean Perrone & Dougie Flexx, show you how to grow your quads without traditional barbell squats! As you can see from the workout below, this is a more quad-focused session. So the next session should be dedicated to hamstrings.
1. Leg Extensions - 5 sets x 10-15 reps (last set: giant set)
2. Seated Leg Press - 4 sets x 10-15 reps
3. Smith Machine Squats - 4 sets x 10-12 reps
4. Leg Press - 3 sets x 8-12 reps
5. Calf raises - 3 sets x 8-12 reps
Just because this workout doesn't contain any barbell squats, it's still high volume and intense, so make sure you're hydrated properly and have enough fuel to perform. We highly recommend taking The Grind and Demo Day during training to optimize performance.
Watch the full workout below!